Saturday, January 14, 2012

Well that wasn't as hard as I expected!

I am a horrible terrible horrible meal planner. Every week, or every other week, I go to the store and get groceries. Then the week starts and I am in the middle of my Monday when I realize, "Great, what am I going to fix for dinner?" The I go to my friends and say, "Okay here's what I have. What can I make for dinner tonight?" They always have answers for me and for that I'm incredibly grateful! This seems to happen pretty much everyday of the week anymore!

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't have recipes that I could fix, because I do. It's not that I can't go online and find something, because I do this too. I even print some of them off! It's not that I don't have cookbooks, because I do, an entire cabinet full of them! I just really REALLY REALLY stink at menu/meal planning!

So, today Carson was napping, Clayton was with my parents, and Wes made a run to Home Depot to get some light fixtures. (That's for a different post). I decided since the house was quiet, and I haven't been to the store yet for the week, it was time for me to attempt this week's menu. Well, guess what? IT WAS SUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the freezer to find out what kind of frozen meat and other items I have. With a little thought, there's more there than I realized!

Sunday: Lasagna with garlic bread and green beans


Monday: Cheese and Sausage filled Tortellini Alfredo with either a veggie or salad.


Tuesday: Crock pot Swiss Steak over rice with a veggie


Wednesday: Baked Pork Tenderloin with a veggie and flavored noodles (Knor)


Thursday: Crock pot Salsa Chicken shredded and make into tacos


Friday: Leftovers or Pizza or out to eat :)


Look at me go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment