Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On!

I don't know if you are aware or not, but I've been on a weight-loss mission since just before Halloween. Probably not the ideal time to start loosing weight, but what they heck! I was determined more than ever to be successful this time.

I've made up mini-goals along the way. My first was to fit into my pre-preggo jeans, which happened right about the same time as my second mini goal. The second mini goal was to break out of of the first weight decade if you will (i.e. 129 from the 130's, please don't misunderstand, I'm not there yet! That's just an example) :) So anyway, after I broke to the next weight decade, I bought a pair of boots. Then when I broke into the next weight decade I wanted to get a new pair of jeans. All my jeans had become rather baggie and did nothing for me any longer. Only problem was that I hadn't lost quit enough to be able to fit into the next size down. Well this weekend I happened to pick up a pair of jeans and I thought, "Hmm these don't look like the pants I've been wearing, but then again, I've been a little sleep deprived lately, so maybe they are." After I put them on I realized that they even felt differently. I decided to check them out. I looked at the tag. What do you know, I'm finally able to fit into that smaller pair of pants again!!!! It's been roughly 3 years since I've worn them!!! Last night I made my weekly run to Wally-World and while there, I picked up a new pair of smaller jeans! Man, they feel sooo good and so do I!!!!!!


When I started I had no idea how to count calories and how to go about starting it. My wonderful group of Mommy Friends have cheered me along and encouraged me to stick with my plan. My friend Elizabeth told me to try out MyFitnessPal online and to also download the app on my phone and my iPad. This thing is awesome! I can input recipes that I make at home and it calculates my calories per serving. I can save meals that I eat on a regular basis, like breakfast. If you haven't heard of it or don't use it, you should definitely check it out. It has made me so much more conscience of what I'm eating and how much I'm eating. I don't have any exercise equipment at home, and really by the time I get the monkeys in bed, I'm spent for the night! I's like to start getting up earlier in the mornings to exercise, but we'll see how that goes! Once spring hits I'm definitely going walking around the neighborhood.

As of today, I've lost 20 pounds! I still have roughly 30 pounds to loose, but it's one pound at a time these days, and I'm okay with that. Like I said before, I've decided that I'm really going to do it this time! I'm going to make it stick. I haven't done any extreme dieting or by getting rid of all the great foods that I love. I've simply learned how to eat better.

No comments:

Post a Comment